Saturday, March 14, 2009

Different hues, different smells...different senses...

Orange, green, blue, yellow, silver, and even rotten eggs. This year, Holi was a blast of colors and smells...(The eggs on my head dripped down the front of my face and my back till I literllay felt I'd have made for a tasty and colorful omellete!)
As soon as my husband woke up, he got doused with a big bucket of water.
Then, we decided to step out and brave the colorful spray with my sister.

The rest of the day was eventul...or maybe not so.
We locked ourselves our of the car...employed a unique underhanded way of opening the car..
had fun. Got dirty. went for a 1 year old's birthday party. argued about what we should give her. Had paaan instead of bhaaang.

The day was a blur. Colors had blinded our senses and our sensibilities.
I've played frou frou Holis before. Holi parties at fancy clubs. This was much more grounded. And definitely more fun!

Here's a tip for everyone who ends up playing Holi next year. Use gramflour to wash off the color. It's much more effective than soap.:)

1 comment:

  1. U undoubtedly had a blast!Hope ur blinded with rainbow-tinted colours every holi. Had fun reading it!

    ReplyDelete